In certain circumstances you may withdraw up to CI$35,000 from your account to use as a deposit to purchase or build a home, buy land or to pay off an existing mortgage.
This service is available subject to certain conditions, including:
• You must be Caymanian, as per the meaning under the Immigration Law
• If you are using the funds as a deposit to purchase or build a home you must not already own a dwelling unit in the Cayman Islands.
• If purchasing land you must not own any other land in the Cayman Islands.
• If you are purchasing either land or a home, the funds must be used as a deposit on a mortgage offered by an institution with a class A banking license.
If you have satisfied the above criteria, you may apply for funds by providing the following:
- Original bank approval letter and consent letter (bank stamp must be affixed to consent letter)
- Completed Property Withdrawal Application
- Completed Pension Withdrawal Agreement- must be signed by employer
- Completed NPO Housing Form
- Completed Pension Withdrawal Restriction form- This form along with $55 KYD must be submitted to the National Pensions Office. (Please ensure that you obtain a copy for our records)
- Notarized copy of your current passport
- Notarized copy of birth certificate/ status certificate
- Notarized Affidavit. This is to be completed if various name formats are used throughout your application
All documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com for review before we are able to accept your application.
**You may also withdraw your voluntary contributions for housing proposes.